Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday Findings - The Art Deco Bar Cart and Coppercraft tumblers.

This weeks Friday findings is classic of our situation here at LongDistanceDIY, bringing pieces together from different continents.
First the Bar cart.  Even though I'm currently away in Maryland I was browsing through Gumtree ads and there it was.  When I spotted this vintage trolly, I immediately sent the link to Matt, knowing that he would appreciate an Art Deco piece.  He must have approved because now it's ours.  The trolley is in solid condition with a pretty Walnut veneer, a nearly identical refinished piece from the 1920's is listed for several hundred on Ebay.  Neat!
Around the same time I was browsing the thrift stores on this side of the pond and came across this set of Mid-Century glass and copper tumblers.  They are an original Coppercraft Guild set, from the early 1960's, and in great condition.  Plus they were under $10!  I'm looking forward to bringing them over and seeing how they look on the bar cart with my copper mugs!

-Nikki

3 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that bar cart!!!! I'm tempted to goo on the gumtree website and pick out some things for you to bring back to me! Don't worry I'll keep the list under 25 items ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that bar cart!!!! I'm tempted to goo on the gumtree website and pick out some things for you to bring back to me! Don't worry I'll keep the list under 25 items ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always reply to comments, so check back soon, or click "email notification" Thanks for reading!