Monday, June 11, 2018

Moving to the UK and planning a wedding in eight weeks or less.

So lots to cover here.  Matt and I got formally engaged back in September and told all my family when he visited in November, it was a very exciting and happy time.  We then began the visa process so I could move to the UK and we could get married.  Getting a fiancee Visa was an extremely stressful, expensive, and time consuming project, which sucked the fun out of the last several months, so you'll forgive me for not posting about it or wanting to dwell on it now that I am HERE! 
Thats right, LongdistanceDIY will be needing a new name, as I officially moved into the house about two weeks ago!  It was great seeing how much had been done without me, Matt was able to get the baseboards installed downstairs and in our bedroom, finishing the bathroom fixture installation, paint the study, and more, but then I arrived and all hell broke loose.  
What have we been doing for the past two weeks?  We choose a wedding venue and date, less than eight weeks away (I like to be busy, what can I say.)   
(Sneak peak from the venue.)
So I've been sort burning the candle at both ends, doing lots of wedding things and working on the cottage so it will be guest ready before the wedding so that people can stay with us. 
The thing is, because the date we picked is so close, (six weeks now!) all of the last minute details and meetings are supposed to be happening right now, but I'm not really caught up yet.  I collected addresses and sent out invitations, I've made all the appointments we need to make it legal, put together a registry, etc.  But there is of course a long list of things still to do like find a photographer, hotel bags, get my dress hemmed, find shoes, set the menu with the caterer, put together favors, etc, etc, etc   Everything is happening all at once, but its a lot of fun and luckily the venue is all in one, food, music, hotel, etc.

The next post will be all about the cottage I promise. 
-Nikki

2 comments:

I always reply to comments, so check back soon, or click "email notification" Thanks for reading!